What is #futrchat?
- Futrchat is a monthly online conversation coordinated by the Association of Professional Futurists (APF) and conducted via Twitter.
- A new topic or theme is selected each month and - where possible - a variety of supporting information, framing questions and blog posts will be published to support it.
- Anyone can put forward an idea or theme for inclusion as a #futrchat. Please use our online form.
- Futrchat is open to all - both those from the APF & all members of the public.
How does it work?
- We publish updates on the date, timings & topic of each #futrchat on either the APF's twitter channel (@profuturists) or on our posterous pages.
- At the designated time, just turn up on twitter and follow the #futrchat hashtag. Join in!
- Each conversation is hosted so questions can be co-ordinated and we normally follow a convention in which questions are prefixed with Q# and answers by A#.
What kind of experience is it?
- We regularly have over 70 people join-in over the hour from a range of countries including Australia, Japan, Canada, US, UK, Sweden, and Poland.
- Its a fast-paced experience, for example, our April 2011 #futrchat on the Future of Relationships generated over 900 tweets in an hour with the last fifty tweets reaching 31,000 people.
How do participants describe it?
@heathervescent it's like running an ultramarathon, drinking espresso, and juggling at the same time!@Harold
Once a month for an hour. It's darn intense. And a lot of fun!